Senin, 28 Februari 2011

GERUND

GERUND
Gerund adalah kata benda yang bentuknya seperti kata kerja ‘ing’ (v ing) seperti coming, studying, swimming, dsb. Dalam kalimat gerund bisa berfungsi sebagai:
a. Subyek
- Studying english is fun for me.
- Facing the final test makes me a little bit nervous.
- Doing the best is one way to eliminate my nervous.

b. Obyek
- I never like watching boxing.
- She enjoys travelling so much.
- My children have finished taking a bath.

c. Complement
- My hobby is reading, singing, and appreciating films.
- What they want is staying in a nice place, having fun, and having a lot of money.
- If you ask me my idea, being a reporter is the one I want.
Gerund bisa muncul apabila:
1. setelah preposisi seperti besides, to, at, on, of, off, for, without, against, after, before, about, by, in, up.
a. Before doing things, I never forget saying bismillah.
b. She is looking forward to seeing you soon.
c. Because they’ve accepted us not in a good manner, we come home without saying things.
2. setelah kata-kata kerja tertentu seperti: admit, anticipate, appreciate, avoid, consider, defer, delay, deny, detest, dislike, dread, enjoy, escape, excuse, fancy, finish, forget, forgive, imagine, involve, keep (on), loathe, mean, mind, miss, pardon, postpone, practise, prevent, propose, recollect, remember, resent, resist, risk, save, stop, suggest, understand. Dan setelah kata-kata can’t stand, can’t help, it’s no use/good/worth.
a. I really enjoy helping my mother every afternoon.
b. I‘m really sorry that you missed attending the most interesting seminar yesterday.
c. I can’t help falling in love wih you.
d. I wonder why she always forget taking the english book as she say to me.

28 komentar:

  1. thank's mom . .
    i can learn english now from your blog . .

    BalasHapus
  2. I more understand about "gerund" after I read this post. .
    Thanks mom. .
    :)

    BalasHapus
  3. Could if I wanted to download?

    BalasHapus
  4. mom , youre blog help me to study english . its make me easier understand , thanks mom :)

    BalasHapus
  5. thanks Mom,,,,,,,,,

    from your blog I can easily learn English..............

    BalasHapus
  6. now I can understand about the gerund ..
    thanks...

    BalasHapus
  7. I can learn English easily. thank you mom. :))

    BalasHapus
  8. hopefully I quickly understood the material "gerund".

    BalasHapus
  9. Komentar ini telah dihapus oleh pengarang.

    BalasHapus
  10. Thanks mom .


    this material easy for understand by we all ..

    BalasHapus
  11. ok mam from this blog i can better understand about gerund!

    thanks....

    BalasHapus
  12. now i can understand the material about "gerund"
    thank you mom

    BalasHapus
  13. after seeing your blog i understand about material "Gerund"..thanks...

    BalasHapus
  14. i hope i can pass the UN after read and learn from your blog .

    BalasHapus
  15. it's new knowledge for me, now i can learn about gerund. thanks :)

    BalasHapus
  16. thank's mom. now i can learn about materials " gerund".

    BalasHapus
  17. Now, I can learn english by this blog.

    This blog make me learn english more easily

    Thank you Mam

    BalasHapus
  18. thanks a lot mom..
    after read about 'gerund', i will understand it

    BalasHapus
  19. I understand about material "gerund" after learn from your blog .
    thanks mom :)

    BalasHapus
  20. can you tell me the example mom ???
    but your blog help me to learn english.

    BalasHapus
  21. good job mom.
    I can Learn Gerund With Blog.

    BalasHapus
  22. I hope by this blog..I can learn English be better..

    BalasHapus
  23. thank you so much mam
    i can understand about material "gerund"

    BalasHapus
  24. thaks mom, your blog very nice ....
    I can learn gerund everytime... :D

    BalasHapus
  25. i more understand it .
    i hope i will remember it for a long time

    BalasHapus